Valentine’s Day 2017: Pick-up Lines for Champions
I promised you all an extra post for Valentine’s Day in my last article. I’m nothing if not a man of my word.
So, in tune for our special, sappy holiday I’d like to present you some pick-up lines. Not just ANY pick-up lines of course. These are special. They’re all finance and economics related! Use these on any lovely lady you find and you’re sure to shoot above your production possibilities curve! Most of these are written by yours truly. A couple of been rehashed through the years.
….On another note, if you end up slapped or cold and wet due to the use of the lines, I am in no way responsible. I’m blaming your delivery – these are golden.
Let me know what you think of ‘em!
Econ Pick-up Lines
- In a closed system of me and you, we’ll have to increase our unemployment targets. We’re about to introduce some friction in the economy.
- Love is a highly inefficient marketplace; equilibrium never intrudes. Well, we have no shortages in our market even with my price floor set on loving you.
- X Marx the spot, Cupid must have got me in his view. I’d like to get more than just Das Kapital invested in you.
- Don’t look to the Fed ‘cause this inflation won’t quit. We’re on the Road to Serfdom; my interest in you is at 100%
- I could think of baskets of X* and Y* all day, but I’m indifferent to them all because I still end up with U*
- Dang girl, the way you looking my demand is inelastic. I’ll pay any price you charge ‘cause you lookin’ fantastic.
- Compared to other men I’m the wealthiest of all and by more than a small sum. You can tell Lorenz you broke the curve ‘cause you keep my Gini at 1.
- You look great; getting ready must be a labor of love. Supply curves aren’t the only thing bending backwards for you.
Happy Valentine’s Day everyone!